Read the following terms for University-affiliated social media profiles and complete the form below. Please wait to hear back from the social media specialist prior to launching any new accounts.
University-Affiliated Accounts Agreement
- Campus social media managers agree to maintain active accounts, posting consistently and responding to inquiries in a timely manner.
- All social media platforms should have a specific purpose and topics should be relevant to the mission of Fresno State and/or your specific program.
- All social media content must be accessible, including alt-text and video captions.
- When moderating university-affiliated social media accounts, we do not ban users, block comments, hide comments, shadow ban users, or do anything that silences a voice in a space in which commenting is available.
- Please remember that all laws and policies apply, including but not limited to HIPAA laws, copyright laws, privacy, security and safety policies.
- Adhere to all University Brand Standards. Your account's profile photo should be your group’s Fresno State logo (two-color) on a WHITE background.
- Use strong and unique passwords for each account. Have a clear understanding of who has access to your accounts. Make sure more than one person has access to the account and can act as a backup social media manager.
Complete the following registration form and submit to University Communications to obtain approval of your social media name/handle. Please do not set up your social media account(s) prior to obtaining approvals.