University Communications leverages news content, social media and media relationships to disseminate University information.
As the University’s central storytelling and news outlet, strategic consultant and coordinator, University Communications develops and distributes timely, accurate and compelling content that builds trust, understanding and support for the University, its leadership and its critical mission in education, research and community engagement.
Areas of Focus:
- Develop crisis communications plans, protecting the reputation of the University.
- Produce press releases and news and feature stories.
- Manage Fresno State social media and fresnostatenews.com.
- Respond to media requests and social media posts with timely and accurate information.
- Foster excellent relations with media and provide media training to campus officials.
- Compile the weekly Campus News faculty-staff e-newsletter.
- Plan and publish Fresno State Magazine, which reaches more than 100,000 alumni and friends twice a year.
- Collaborate with college communication specialists to advance the University’s image through news, story-sharing and social media content.